The Foundation Beyond Belief is looking for a few good interns who’d like to volunteer their time for a good cause. (You don’t even have to leave your place to help out!)
All the details are below:
Application deadline: December 31, 2011
Foundation Beyond Belief, a humanist charitable organization, seeks four disciplined, highly motivated interns for a 4.5 month period beginning February 1, 2012. Desirable characteristics include:
- Self-discipline, self-direction, reliability
- High personal motivation and perseverance
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the Foundation’s mission
- Demonstrated familiarity/involvement with freethought community
- Clear written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience in the non-profit sector is not a requirement. Experience in grant writing or other development capacities is a plus, but is also not a requirement.
Though interns work in several areas of Foundation operations (including membership development, researching and selecting featured charities, donor management, outreach, communications (including blog and social media), program design, and creative organizational development), each intern is primarily focused in a single area of Foundation operations, such as membership development or the Volunteers Beyond Belief program.
To apply, send the following to Noelle George, Intern Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 31, 2011:
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Letter (max 400 words) expressing interest and demonstrating the desirable characteristics listed above.
- Email addresses for 2-3 references who can speak to some or all of the characteristics listed above.
- Optional: additional links or attachments demonstrating relevant activities
If you’re looking for a way to use your time wisely over the next few months, this is a great opportunity!