Read more at FriendlyAtheist.com
This has nothing to do with atheism, but I saw this video by LookItsMolly and it made me laugh more the longer I watched it
It’s only 1:17. Check it out:
Ok, I’ll bite: What’s making you happy?
Hemant Mehta is the editor of Friendly Atheist, appears on the Atheist Voice channel on YouTube, and co-hosts the uniquely-named Friendly Atheist Podcast. You can read much more about him here.
#1 My little Pembroke Walsh Corgi who makes me laugh every day. She likes to “kill the toy” by running around shaking it and throwing into the air to catch it. Finally she starts going around in a circle, backwards, while bucking like a bronco and shaking the toy at the same time. It is quite the extraordinary feat.
#2 My Hubby #3 My garden #4 My wood burning stove that is 80% efficient #5 My goats #6 Real books made out of paper #7 The wide open spaces of the desert #8 Danish pastry #9 Coffee #10 My friends
So, when are you going to get married, Hemant?
You ever do any more 5Ks?
My granddaughter, when she was 2, used to sit on the floor with popcorn and watch the clothes agitating in the washing machine for 20 or 30 minutes on end. So yeah, those things DO rock – just as her mommy.
1. The purring kitten currently passed out on my lap. 2. Peering at spiders’ webs to figure out how they were constructed (blame Richard Dawkins for that one). 3. The smell of a real Christmas tree wafting through the house. 4. Blueberries. 5. Watching my 3-yr old niece and 2-yr old nephew running in circles while pretending to be a princess and a monkey, respectively. 6. BOOKS! 7. Beaches 8. Solitude, in suitable doses 9. My camera, which often receives a fond pat when I pull it out after a brief hiatus. 10. Music
My daughter, my family, good food, relative prosperity, good health for everyone, and the freedom to enjoy all of them. 😀
1) curling up with a book by one of my favourite authors ( such as David Gemmel, Neil Gaiman, William Gibson). 2) The smell of any one of the Myrtaceae family’s plants (just finishing studying conservation). 3) Hugs. 4) Good scotch. 5) The moment when I put my mp3 player on random and it randomly plays one of my favourite songs which perfectly fits my mood. 6) Cocker Spaniels
I Think it is about atheism because she didn’t mention the baby Jesus even once! No “putting God first” in her list. I’ll let the unicorns slide. Nice list.
#1 My amazing girlfriend of 8 years. #2 Autumn! The breeze, the leaves, pumpkins, costume parties, all of it! #3 Sketching and drawing. #4 Rattie kisses and snuggles! I adore my three lovely, squishy rats! #5 Hot bubble baths, mmm.. #6 Fresh, warm cookies straight from the oven! #7 My Little Pony: Friendship is magic! #8 House MD #9 Getting chased through the house by my cat #10 Atheist blogs! Hah, I’m addicted to ’em.
You have an 8 year old girlfriend? Isn’t that illegal? Or Islamic?
I think he meant that his relation with his girlfriend is 8 years old. I had to read his comment twice just to check if his girlfriend was really 8 year old.
Great music, my dogs, friends and family members who love and accept me, sex with attractive women, shopping, volunteering, and learning new things.
1. The vastness of space 2. The complex inner workings of a living cell 3. Flight simulator games 4. looking through a telescope with my Dad 5. Talking about science with my Dad 6. Dr. Who 7. Firefly 8. Carl Sagan 9. Hummus 10 SEX!!!!!!!
1. My sweet loving atheist geeky husband. 2. Being off from work, like now, in peace and quiet 3. My freedom to do, say, eat and think what I like without fear. (I live in Sweden) 4. Early mornings alone in front of my PC enjoying the peace before the day starts 5. Playing video games for hours on end. Current obsession is Skyrim. 6. Books. Can’t live without them. Gaiman, Dawkins, Pratchett, Gibson. 7. Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan, even though it makes me cry every time 8. Happy news from friends 9. Cats. First thing I’ll do as a retiree will be to get one from a shelter 10. Walking in the woods savouring the scents of nature and feeling free
Am I the only one who has started scanning the sky IRL, just out of habit?
It’s just the wind.
Hey, after eight straight hours of Skyrim…
I’m not really one of those “happiness” people. I was happy once, I hated it. If I had to pick a few it would probably be:
-Slow days at work -Cigarettes -Golf -Graph jokes -Tightly tied boots -Country songs about not-Jesus
Am I the only one who thinks the video was lame?
Lamest video. Hemant should have mentioned it was nervous hormone-fueled laughter, not laughter due to comedy.
1 – My Dog! He who has the most personality I’ve ever known! 2 – Flying airplanes! Aviation is both my passion and raison d’etre! 3 – Wildlife photography – I am a budding wildlife photographer and it is WILD (double entendre intended)4 – Traveling the world! I am SOOooOOOooOOoo fortunate to have a career I can take anywhere….and I do! Last year I spent the winter in Central America. This year, it is Argentina!5 – Good coffee in the morning, with 1/2 and 1/2 – simp,e, but without it, the day sucks!6 – Scotch! Is there anything better than good scotch?7 – Skiing, rafting, exploring, kayaking, etc… – being in the backcountry is good!8 – Literacy!!!!!! Reading and books are one of the most amazing parts of being human. I admit, Hemingway is my favorite author, but Exupery plays a VERY close second. Reading is AWESOME!9 – Television – yep. I love it! I feel that we are in a new golden age of television; House, Lost, and many others are just great!
10 – Adventure. It has been the keystone of my two careers and without the adventure in life, why bother? Get out of your comfort zone and LIVE.
1 – My Dog! He who has the most personality I’ve ever known!2 – Flying airplanes! Aviation is both my passion and raison d’etre! 3 – Wildlife photography – I am a budding wildlife photographer and it is WILD (double entendre intended) 4 – Traveling the world! I am SOOooOOOooOOoo fortunate to have a career I can take anywhere….and I do! Last year I spent the winter in Central America. This year, it is Argentina! 5 – Good coffee in the morning, with 1/2 and 1/2 – simp,e, but without it, the day sucks! 6 – Scotch! Is there anything better than good scotch? 7 – Skiing, rafting, exploring, kayaking, etc… – being in the backcountry is good! 8 – Literacy!!!!!! Reading and books are one of the most amazing parts of being human. I admit, Hemingway is my favorite author, but Exupery plays a VERY close second. Reading is AWESOME! 9 – Television – yep. I love it! I feel that we are in a new golden age of television; House, Lost, and many others are just great!10 – Adventure. It has been the keystone of my two careers and without the adventure in life, why bother? Get out of your comfort zone and LIVE.
My cat, Just… all I need is a few minutes of cuddling with Gracie, and I’m perfectly content. And most likely napping. Ooh, naps. Naps make me happy, too. Fresh cookies right out of the oven. A good book. Skyrim makes me happy and annoyed by turns — I’ll be happily wandering around, and then BAM, outta nowhere, DRAGON.
Oh, oh, and ice cream. At least makes me temporarily happy.
Television, at times. (Depends on what’s on.)
Hearing my daughter laugh Hearing my partner laugh Making anyone laugh Laughing My snuggly kitty Talking to smart people Sex with men Sex with women Hearing someone’s surprise that my daughter is not my sister Scotch
1. My sisters. 2. My niece, who, to my sister’s frustration, is just like me. 3. Twilight (the time of day, not the movie). 4. Fall colors. 5. A partner who cooks for me even when she’s pissed at me. 6. Finishing a long run and feeling like I can do it all over again right away.
1.) My adorable cute miniature poodle mix, Effie, especially when I come home from work and she jumps around so excited to see me or when she snuggles up to me in bed. 2.) Singing in Gaelic 3.) Singing in harmony 4.) Just singing 5.) Best friends 6.) The relief of not believing in a god and the freedom to do so 7.) Saying “I love you” 8.) Watching a “Psych” or “Monk” marathon 9.) Laughing, especially at comedy stand up 10.) Daybreak
1. My fella moving in with me and understanding that we need separate media areas for our separate gaming/entertainment passions (though we share a mutual obsession with Skyrim) 2. An excuse to get a new couch! (see #1) 3. My tribe of pusses 4. Working from home, in my robe, drinking tea 5. Feeling (and being) healthy 6. My raucous, weird group of friends 7. My raucous, weird family 8. Arrested Development marathons on Netflix 9. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations 10. My 2012 zombie calendar
Sign up for free newsletters and special offers
Follow Patheos on