I tried this a while ago and I learned quite a bit about what works and what doesn’t. Now, I’m ready to do it again. Consider this an open call for contributors to the site.
I’m looking for readers who have a lot to say about religion/atheism/babies/etc. and who know how to write about it effectively.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to write for a large readership of awesome people.
Also, you’d get paid. Nothing crazy, but you wouldn’t be doing it for free.
Who am I looking for?
I’d like to hear from writers who can “specialize” in the following areas:
- YouTube (finding videos or making them specifically for this site)
- Law (writing about lawsuits and their implications)
- Pop Culture
- Books (reviews, interviews with authors, etc.)
- Politics (believe it or not, religion and politics sometimes intersect.)
- Interviews (with atheist newsmakers, scientists, etc.)
- LGBT issues
- non-American atheism (Canada, Britain, Australia, elsewhere)
- Women’s issues (at least as they pertain to our movement)
- Science (ditto)
- Something I’m forgetting
I’m looking for people who can contribute on a regular basis. What “regular” means is debatable. We can play it by ear.
If you have HTML skills, more power to you.
If you’re young (pre-college), I’m especially interested.
What should you do if you’re interested?
Send me an email letting me know why you’d like to be a contributor. Please include the following:
- Your real name. (I prefer people who use their real names online.)
- Samples of your writing. Feel free to be creative. (If you have a blog already, terrific! If you’re sending me your 4-page philosophical essay on the Cosmological argument, then you don’t read this site, do you…?)
- A list of the topic(s) you’d enjoy writing about. Let me know why you’re the best person to write about it.
- Anything else that would be helpful to know about you.
I don’t need a resume. I just need to feel comfortable with you and feel like we’d probably work well together.
If I don’t get back in touch with you, please don’t take it the wrong way! (Last time, it took me about a month before I could respond to anyone.) If you were interested before and didn’t hear from me, please consider sending another email this time around.
Thanks for helping make this site better!