I tried this a while ago and I learned quite a bit about what works and what doesn’t. Now, I’m ready to do it again. Consider this an open call for contributors to the site.
I’m looking for readers who have a lot to say about religion/atheism/babies/etc. and who know how to write about it effectively.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to write for a large readership of awesome people.
Also, you’d get paid. Nothing crazy, but you wouldn’t be doing it for free.
Who am I looking for?
I’d like to hear from writers who can “specialize” in the following areas:
- YouTube (finding videos or making them specifically for this site)
- Law (writing about lawsuits and their implications)
- Pop Culture
- Books (reviews, interviews with authors, etc.)
- Politics (believe it or not, religion and politics sometimes intersect.)
- Interviews (with atheist newsmakers, scientists, etc.)
- LGBT issues
- non-American atheism (Canada, Britain, Australia, elsewhere)
- Women’s issues (at least as they pertain to our movement)
- Science (ditto)
- Something I’m forgetting
I’m looking for people who can contribute on a regular basis. What “regular” means is debatable. We can play it by ear.
If you have HTML skills, more power to you.
If you’re young (pre-college), I’m especially interested.
What should you do if you’re interested?
Send me an email letting me know why you’d like to be a contributor. Please include the following:
- Your real name. (I prefer people who use their real names online.)
- Samples of your writing. Feel free to be creative. (If you have a blog already, terrific! If you’re sending me your 4-page philosophical essay on the Cosmological argument, then you don’t read this site, do you…?)
- A list of the topic(s) you’d enjoy writing about. Let me know why you’re the best person to write about it.
- Anything else that would be helpful to know about you.
I don’t need a resume. I just need to feel comfortable with you and feel like we’d probably work well together.
If I don’t get back in touch with you, please don’t take it the wrong way! (Last time, it took me about a month before I could respond to anyone.) If you were interested before and didn’t hear from me, please consider sending another email this time around.
Thanks for helping make this site better!
Stay in touch! Like Friendly Atheist on Facebook: