- How to Do Your Own Kickstarter
- Making Science Fun (with NASA)!
- Tug of War: The Story of Science and Engineering Finding a Happy Medium
- Sporty Geek: How Roller Derby and Quidditch Are Changing the Game for Women
- Self-Driving Cars
- Really Make Your Own Videoblog: Hands-On Workshop
- Tech Jobs You Never Knew You Wanted
- LEDs in Fabric: Sew Your Own Circuit
And to make the whole pot that much sweeter, two of the panels are filled with godless, skeptical, secular women:
Saturday, Aug. 11th, 4:30 PM – 5:20 PM
Misogyny Online – RM205
Women who speak out online are often the targets of very nasty misogyny. Harmful, threatening, and degrading comments are all too common when a woman posts opinions in social media outlets or even on their own blogs. This panel will discuss how it happens, why it happens, and how to deal with it. An essential panel for women who have or want a strong Internet presence.
Sunday, Aug. 12th, 3:30 PM – 4:20 PM
Women and Skepticism – RM303
What is real and what isn’t? A panel of renowned skeptics will analyze some of the current claims marketed to or directed specifically at women. From psychics to super-antioxidant juices, this panel will show you how you can use the tools of skepticism to protect yourself, your family, and the contents of your wallet from pseudoscience and scams.