At the Answers in Genesis website, writer Bodie Hodge did something truly remarkable.
He managed to write a piece in which he claims all of the following:
- Atheists are associated with evil (e.g. Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin)
- Atheists must be responsible for murder and rape, because “most murderers, tyrants, and rapists are not biblical Christians”
- Atheists have no morals since we have no basis for morality
- Atheists believe we’re just animals, no different from a cockroach
- Atheists can’t be logical since we have no basis for logic
- Atheists shouldn’t care about weekends since God made the workweek
- Atheists shouldn’t care about holidays since “nothing is holy” to them
- Atheists always claim “there is no God” and never “There may not be a God.”
- Atheists love to be naked since we have no basis for wearing clothes
- Atheists hate taking showers and using soap and being clean since we have no basis for cleanliness
- Atheists don’t believe in love or marriage
- Atheists have no evidence that “contradicts the Bible’s account of creation”
- Atheists have no reason not to kill themselves
The craziest part about all this is that you know Hodge is sitting somewhere thinking he’s figured it all out. (“Checkmate, atheists!”)
He has no idea he’s just created an awful straw man. He’s probably never even spoken to an atheist. He obviously didn’t run this article by one before posting it.
This is what happens when you listen to Ken Ham all day long. Your mind gets so warped, you begin to believe your own delusions.
(Thanks to @ABigManOnCampus for the link)