Here’s a list of locations already working to organize regular gatherings*:
- Brighton, UK
- Brisbane, Queensland
- Buffalo, New York
- Cambridge, UK
- Chicago, IL (Hemant’s note: I’m helping with this one!)
- Leeds, UK
- Los Angeles, CA
- Marietta, GA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Seattle, WA (Ericka’s note: And I’m helping with this one!)
- Silicon Valley, CA
- Vancouver, BC
Don’t see your town listed above? Well, then you need to start your own Sunday Assembly! Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Eventbrite and see if there’s a local event for your area.
- If there isn’t one, set one up for your town under the name “Sunday Assembly XXXX” (where XXXX is your city). Make sure the cost for tickets is free!
- Set the date to some time in October (if you’re in the U.K.) or November (for the U.S. and Australia). This isn’t the final date; it’s just a placeholder for now.
- Invite your friends and spread the word!
- Start a Google Group for your area (Also call it “Sunday Assembly XXXX”).
The deadline for these groups is September 15th. On that date, the 40 locations around the world with the highest number of RSVPs will be selected to get a visit from Pippa and Sanderson in October or November to launch their local Sunday Assemblies as part of the 40 Dates Roadshow!
This is something you’ll want to be a part of, so get on board before it’s too late!
*If you want your event to be listed on this page, post a link to it in the comments and I’ll add your city to this list.
Stay in touch! Like Friendly Atheist on Facebook: