On Thursday morning, at Marshall Middle School in Beaumont, Texas, nearly 200 people were affected by a carbon monoxide leak. They were taken to a hospital or treated on site. Scary stuff. A determination will be made today as to when school will be back in session.
Brandon Basinger is the principal of the school, and he posted a public note on his personal Facebook page offering his thoughts on the matter. After pointing out how the adults on campus and emergency personnel were available, alert, and able to help, he went on to say this: