What have we learned from the election? Here are a few points I’ve learned:
1. The polls are accurate. (The average of the state-by-state polls put out by RealClearPolitics the day before the election were pretty much right on the money.)
2. It’s NOT “the economy, stupid.”
3. The general public despises and fears conservatives.
4. Evangelical political activists have lost their clout.
5. The Republican party needs to re-invent itself.
How do you account for these perhaps inconvenient and unexpected truths? Are there any other lessons we need to learn?