The Associated Press has released the results of the annual poll of American editors and news directors on the top news stories of the year. I like these features as a helpful way to look back on the year. Here are the top 10. (The link has details about each story.)
1. Mass shootings (in Newton, Connecticut; Aurora, Colorado; and others)
2. U.S. Elections
3. Superstorm Sandy
4. Obamacare approved by Supreme Court
5. Assault in Benghazi, Libya, that killed 4 Americans
6. Penn State pedophile scandal
7. U.S. Economy
8. Fiscal Cliff
9. Gay marriage advances
10. Civil war in SyriaAP Poll: Mass Shootings Voted Top 2012 News Story – ABC News.
Any disagreements? What do you consider to be top stories that are not mentioned here?