Although the Supreme Court struck down President Obama’s amnesty program that he was imposing by executive order, his other executive orders on immigration are still in effect, protecting some 80% of illegal immigrants from deportation. Basically, agents have been told not to bother sending back undocumented immigrants unless they commit crimes or are a threat to public safety. (So what does that tell us about the other 20%? And isn’t being here illegally a crime?) [Read more…]
French president Francois Hollande called for “a union of all who can fight” to destroy ISIS. He called on the United States and Russia to set aside their differences and to join together in an international coalition to battle jihadist terrorism.
But President Obama appeared to reject that plea, saying that what his administration is currently doing is sufficient!
Details and new information about the Paris attack after the jump.
A federal court has blocked President Obama’s attempt to impose amnesty for illegal immigrants by executive order. The Supreme Court is expected to take up the case. So it appears that the immigration controversy will end up being decided not by legislation but by the courts. [Read more…]
To greet Pope Francis at the White House next week, President Obama has invited a pro-abortion nun, transgender activists, gay Catholic activists, and a gay Episcopal bishop. [Read more…]
Senate Democrats rallied behind President Obama’s plan to lift sanctions on Iran in return for its promises to slow down its nuclear program. Enough senators supported the agreement to sustain a presidential veto against Congressional attempts to stop it.
UPDATE: You have got to read Charles Krauthammer’s account of what just happened. President Obama packaged the deal so that it isn’t considered a treaty (even though it is one), which would require a two-thirds vote of the Senate. “To get around the Constitution, Obama negotiated a swindle that requires him to garner a mere one-third of one house of Congress.” And, as if that wasn’t enough, he got the deal approved by the UN, making it international law, even before Congress approved it!
Now Iran will immediately get $100 billion from their blocked accounts and full access to the oil market and foreign investment. Since their nuclear program is legally branded as “peaceful,” the West, according to the terms of the agreement, must give Iran aid in developing it and must defend it against cyberattacks from Israel, which the leadership of Iran is bragging won’t be around in 25 years!