I’ve gotta love a faith-based book club that includes Jane Eyre, Unholy Night, and The Hobbit on their reading list. And I want to point out that these were not all my idea.
This is a Catholic women’s book club filled with wildly diverse readers so we get a sprinkling of all sorts of different books. We alternate fiction and nonfiction every month so that we get in a little something for everyone.
If you live in the Dallas area and are interested in attending, please contact me (julie [at] glyphnet [dot] com). I’m also going to post this at Goodreadsfor those who just want to see what we’re reading each month.
- January: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- February: Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales
- March: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- April: Yours is the Church by Mike Aquilina
- May: The Franchise Affair by Josephine Tey
- June: The Dumb Ox by G.K. Chesterton
- July: The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (note: this is one of our big books and we encourage beginning reading several months before we will discuss it)
- August: Joan of Arc by Mark Twain
- September: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- October: Confessions by St. Augustine (note: another of our big books which we encourage spending several months reading before discussion)
- November: Unholy Night by Seth Grahame-Smith