Aflatoxin strikes again as two dog foods are recalled for higher than acceptable levels of aflatoxin related to the corn included as an ingredient in the dog food. Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring mold by-product. Pets that have consumed any of the above recalled products and exhibit symptoms of illness including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, vomiting, yellowish tint to the eyes or gums, or diarrhea should be seen by a veterinarian.
Here are the recalled products:
1) O’Neal’s Feeders Supply, Inc. has announced a voluntary recall of its dry Arrow Brand dog food. The affected products were manufactured between Dec. 1, 2010, and Dec. 1, 2011. No illnesses have been reported in association with these products to date.
Affected products are:
- ARROWBRAND 21% Dog Chunks SKU #807 40 lb. bag
- ARROWBRAND Super Proeaux Dog Food SKU #812 40 lb. bag
- ARROWBRAND Professional Formula Dog Food SKU #814 50 lb. bag
The recall only applies to the above products with the following Packaging Date Codes Lot numbers 4K0341 through 4K0365 and 04K1001 through 4K1325. The affected dry dog food products were distributed in the state of Louisiana and Texas. Retailers have already been instructed to remove the affected brands and products from store shelves.
Consumers are urged to return affected products – whether in opened or unopened packages – to their place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, contact 800-256-2769 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
The recall only applies 21% Dog Food, packaged in 40 lb Petrus Feed bags with the following packaging Date codes (lot numbers) 4K1011 through 4K1307. Updated lot numbers are 4K1011 through 4K1335. The affected dry dog food was distributed in Petrus Feed and Seed in Alexandria, Louisiana.
Consumers are urged to return affected products – whether in opened or unopened packages – to their place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, contact 318-443-2259, Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM and Saturday, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
- Cargill recalls River Run and Marksman dry dog food for aflatoxin contamination
- One lot of Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy dry dog food recalled