What do you do when you can’t think of what to do? What’s the next step when the last few steps have brought nothing but disappointment? Here are some suggestions:
(1) Lighten your load. Let go of your resentments. It’s not difficult. You just have to decide to let go, to truly and fully let go, and they’re gone. When they’re out of your mind, they have no other place to live. While you’re at it, let go of the need to prove that you’re right.
(2) Turn one small annoyance into an improvement. Surely you can identify one little thing that’s been annoying you lately. Since you can’t figure out what else to do, then go ahead and use your time to do something about that little annoyance. Take the action and make it happen. Feel the power and satisfaction of transforming a negative into a positive.
(3) Brighten one person’s day with an unexpected kindness. Do something nice without expecting anything in return, and you’ll get much more than you expected.
(4) Give yourself a change of scenery. Stimulate your senses by going somewhere you’ve never been. That will help you open up to new and positive possibilities.
(5) Act on an impulse. When you can’t think of what to do, stop thinking and start doing. Instead of continuing to let your mind stop you, allow your heart to move you. There’s a reason for your impulse. It’s your purpose seeking to make itself heard. Stop trying to figure out ahead of time what will happen. Go with it and see for yourself what happens.