Chicago’s Buckingham Fountain
Are you “happy”? Check out my essay in Books and Culture.
Facing the other by Eugene Cho. JR reflects on ash tray missional work. Karen galavanting around with famous authors. Michael Spencer takes on Ed Young. Kingdom images. The 3:12:120. Ed and feeling uncomfortable at church, and also commenting on BJU’s apology for racism, where Ed shows grace. I wish we were there. Clever Bob. Tony Jones has a wonderful nostalgic reflection on Thanksgiving in Gaylord. Nostalgia grows out of a family’s development of deep traditions. Tony’s post made me utter some prayers for those without families, for those whose family traditions have been torn apart, and for those who are facing tragedies, death, and unemployment.
We posted about youth ministry this week and now I see this: good words from Marko.hand gels around? I’m not.
We need a break for “Aicha Aicha” … my oh my.
Back to our regularly scheduled links…
1. Dark Matters.
2. ADHD study.
3. Obama’s appeal to the faithful and the faithless.
4. Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?
5. So you want to be a professor? As always, John Stackhouse has some wisdom.
Midwest Winter … here it comes!
6. A night with the homeless.
7. The Cubs: this is why we cheer for the Cubs.
8. Artists as entrepeneurs.
9. Digital sales are now becoming the lion’s share.
10. Good story about Condoleeza Rice, a woman of uncommon dignity.
11. Endowments at universities … how to manage them?
Well … even we Bears fans were surprised the Bears won again. What’s embarrassing is that we are in first place — until tomorrow.