- To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
Lewis B. Smedes
- The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.
- Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive.
- Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
- My goal is to be the guy in hell with all the best stories.
- Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
- If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.
- In order to keep a true perspective of one’s importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
- Never tell your problems to anyone… 20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.
- And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
- Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live. It is asking others to live as one wishes to live.Oscar Wilde
- ‘Faith’ means not wanting to know what is true.
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.
- As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
- I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
- The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.
- Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish.
- Is not anyone with any degree of mental honesty conscious of telling lies all day long, both in talking and writing, simply because lies will fall into artistic shape when truth will not?
- If one has not read the newspapers for some months and then reads them all together, one sees, as one never saw before, how much time is wasted with this kind of literature.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- In a closed society where everybody’s guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Hunter S. Thompson