1. The Trunk Monkey
Combing two things all men love: cars and monkeys.
2. M. Ward – Chinese Translation
The greatest Johnny Cash song that Johnny Cash never sang. Charming and beautiful.
3. The Best of ESPN’s “This is Sportscenter” Ads
4. Economics Explained
If you’ve ever been bored sitting in Econ 101 you’ll enjoy this refreshing explanation by Yoram Bauman, “the world’s first and only stand-up economist.” I love how he differentiates between macro and micro: Microeconomists are people who are wrong about things in specific. Macroeconomists are people who are wrong about things in general.
5. Star Trek Cribs
6. Terry Tate, Office Linebacker
7. Dancing the Charleston to Daft Punk
This ingenious mashup of electronica and 1920s-era Charleston moves is one of my all-time favorite dance videos.
8. Funny Babies
9. A bamboo tumbleweed that clears landmines
10. Baby Argument
11. Bond vs. Bond
12. Coach, Wrong Ball
13. The Lamp
This classic ad by director Spike Jonze shows how advertisers exploit the power of anthropomorphism.
14. How Vikings Really Engaged in Swordfighting
15. Get Good Karma
16. The Geek King of Hip Hop — Move over Timbaland. The greatest hip-hop composer in music today is Ronald Jenkees, a brilliant, goofy white kid with wicked keyboarding skills.
17. First Crush
19. Rush Hour
Le Parkour is a physical art form developed by French actor/acrobat David Belle. This commercial for the BBC demonstrates displays Belle’s amazing prowess.
20. Brian Regan on Food Labels
21. Daily Affirmation
23. Life after death by PowerPoint
Comedian/engineer Don McMillian has a humorous video on the dumb things people do with PowerPoint. (HT: Presentation Zen)
24. Talk to the Fifth Guy I
25. Talk to the Fifth Guy II
26. Talk to the Fifth Guy III
A clever series of PSAs from the Florida Dept. of Health. My favorite line: “How would I describe Ben to you? The next Black Plague. They’re gonna say, ‘How did that happen? Was it rats?’ No, it was Ben over at Amalgamated. Responsible for the death of Europe.”
27. Bolero on a 5-string cello
A clever family of Brits play Ravel’s Bolero on a shared cello.
28. Karma for a Thief
29. Two chickens breaking up a fight between two rabbits.
30. Counseling in Two Easy Words
31. Dancing Lessons From James Brown
(I always thought “The Robot” was invented in the ’80s. Little did I know the Godfather of Soul was bustin that move back in the ’70s.)
32. The Epidemic on the Playground
33. Why People Should Stop Touching Monkeys