Take the test. Answer each question truthfully:
1. Have you ever used a racial slur of any sort? Y or N.
2. Have you ever been present when a family member or a friend or co-worker used a racial slur? Y or N.
3. If yes to any of the above questions, in what context was that racial slur used?
4. If no, is there any context you can think of at all in which it would be appropriate to use a racial slur? Y or N.
5. Is it okay for people of the same ethnicity to use racial slurs when speaking to one another? Y or N.
6. Circle the examples of when the use of racial slurs are acceptable:
- When someone of color holds a gun to your head
- While watching Comedy Central
- With a trusted friend or family member
- In literature
- In music
- In sports
6. Have you ever laughed when a friend or family member belittled a person of a different ethnicity? Y or N.
7. Have you ever defended another person’s use of racial slurs for any reason? Y or N.
8. Have you ever stood by silently when a boss or co-worker, friend or family member used a racial slur? Y or N.
9. Is there any race or ethnicity that you consider yourself better than? Y or N.
10. Has the way you think about people of different ethnicity changed over the years? Y or N.
11. If you answered yes to any of the above questions, do you consider yourself a racist? Y or N.