I’ve been in a blogging slump…
It’s hard to muster the energy to get on the computer when you’re vacationing on Whidbey Island. I’ve just come back from basking in the glory of the ocean and the woods at Fort Casey, chatting with the deer grazing on the front lawn of the fantastic house where we stayed, relaxing with members of The Thomas Parker Society for an evening of readings and laughter, and finishing a few of the novels that have been gathering dust on my nightstand. Just finished reading Endo’s Silence–one of the most memorable, harrowing, and moving works of literature I’ve ever read.
But I’m back in the madness of deadlines and meetings, and I find that movie news has been piling up.
So here are some headlines. You’ll also noticed I’ve posted a hurriedly scribbled review of Shall We Dance? over at the Looking Closer movie page. Coming soon, reviews of the new film by Robert Redford’s son, Spin, and the new sci-fi thriller Primer.
The Movie Blog has been scoring more interesting news than Ain’t It Cool News lately, and this week there’s a bunch of interesting and alarming headlines, including:
- The Worst Action Film Director Working Today… Paul W. S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator, Resident Evil)… is working on Alien 6. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
- Star Wars, Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith will unveil its first trailer before The Incredibles. WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
- The new Superman is not Jim Caviezel, it’s Brandon Routh. Who?? (Actually, Ain’t It Cool had this story before The Movie Blog, and more… they revealed that Singer wants to use the same old John Williams theme for Superman as the title music. Woo hooooo!!!
- Colin Farrell may be joining Jamie Foxx in Michael Mann’s big screen version of Miami Vice. What could be cooler than that?
- And then, as you’ve probably already heard, Movie Blog notes that Chris Rock is hosting the Oscars this year. Frankly, I’d rather see Rock than Whoopie Goldberg in ANYTHING. Heck, you could cast Rock as the lead in Sister Act 4, and I wouldn’t argue.