On May 25, 1977, Star Wars arrived.
I could wax nostalgic and tell you what that did to my seven-year-old imagination, how it changed my life, how it encouraged me to envision “a larger world” … but I’ve told that story in Through a Screen Darkly.
I’d like to know your Star Wars story.
- Where did you first see it?
- With whom?
- How old were you (if you’re willing to share)?
- What was your first impression?
- How has your impression changed?
- Did the movie have any kind of influence on your life and imagination?
- Do you resent anything about it?
- Did it do more harm than good to movie history?
And then, of course… the important questions:
- Who’s your favorite character?
- What’s your favorite line?
- Visually, what’s your favorite moment?
- Did you buy Star Wars toys? If so, which was your favorite?
- Do you still have them?
And finally, the most important question in the Star Wars universe:
- Which film is the best, and which is the worst, in the six-film franchise?