As I caught up with comments here at the blog recently, I realized that some folks haven’t noticed the Comments Policy posted in the right sidebar on the Journal page.
So, bear with me. Here it is just as a reminder:
- Speak up! This blog exists to encourage conversation, even among those who disagree.
- I reserve the right to approve or delete any comments in order to keep matters on-topic and civil. This is not an “anything goes” site. If a back-and-forth debate devolves into insults or disrespect, I will exercise my executive privilege with enthusiasm. Your perspective is welcome, if it is expressed with dignity and grace…
- … and modesty. Keep comments fairly brief: 300 words or less. No manifestos. No essays. Want to make a speech? WordPress blogs are free and you’re welcome to start your own.
- Participants are limited to three comments per blog entry, to keep any one reader from dominating.
- Exceptions to these rules may occasionally occur if I deem the situation… um… exceptional.