Here are a few of the most intriguing links I visited over the past week:
- The Top Ten Movies of the Year: Everybody seems to have their list already. Me? I still have to catch up with several of the films that have inspired the most discussion this year. In the meantime, I’m enjoying some of the lists, while others seem really boring an unhelpful. The lists I admire most are 1) personal, 2) thoughtful, 3) respectful of the value of imagery as much or more than the power of storytelling or argument. And that is why this list by Ken Morefield is a great list.
- Here’s another memorable list by Mark Lisanti.
- Very good news for moviegoers.
- Scott Cairns at The Huffington Post, writing about The Annunciation of Mary.
- An excerpt from Joel Hartse’s excellent book Sects, Love, and Rock & Roll.
- Bill Ivester’s photo album from an Over the Rhine concert in Cincinnati, featuring Joe Henry and his son Levon.
- Thomas Kinkade is going to jail.
- And finally… If Jaws had been a “Christian Movie.”