Dear Faithful Reader:
I am a tired, pregnant woman, with a baby inside me that does not like that I’m awake (again!) past midnight. And I’m sorry to say that I feel like a failure of a blogger this week. I’m really hoping that next week I’ll get my act together and be able to balance the whole working part time, SAHM thing. But so far, I’m a wreck who isn’t sleeping much.
That’s why I will now list the really great things in my life this week:
- I know it’s probably not possible, but I think I felt my potato-sized baby’s fist a couple of minutes ago. It was pounding on the wall of my uterus, shouting: Go to bed, crazy woman! But it was still really sweet…
- Last night, while our son was screaming: “I don’t like this pasta!” during dinner and throwing his fork across the dining room table, my husband surprised me with a card. It informed me that 1) my parents were coming in town (they came today!) to see us and take care of August this weekend, because 2) Chris is whisking me away for a surprise weekend in Carmel. (Have I ever mentioned how much I looooooove surprises? Best. Thing. Ever.)
- I feel like I really have friends here. You know, the kind who text you in the morning to see if you’re busy because they want to hang out? Or the kind who have an unspoken, Of course I’ll watch your kid while you go to the doctor thing going on with you? I have those. I’m really grateful.
- Sweet Potatoes. They are so good. I ate them roasted with red onions and olive oil and salt and pepper and thyme. To quote my son at dinner (who, by the way, was quoting Yo Gabba Gabba): “There’s a party in my tummy! So yummy! So yummy!”
- My husband just stayed up with me till midnight because I was near tears with tiredness and frustration for this project I was working on for my new job. (Spreadsheets aren’t my thing.) I like him and I’m excited to spend a weekend with him.
- Did I mention my parents are here? I love them too and I really miss them.
Wow. This turned out to be an actual blog post! Yay for how being thankful makes teary pregnant people feel better!