- Yes, of course I read all 18 thousand of the Tiger Mother articles last week. How could I not have noticed? My sweet husband has me set up for some major “mother” search engines around here. The thing is, I couldn’t think of what I needed to say about Amy Chua’s “Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother,” and so I never wrote anything about it last week. What does this have to do with what I’m thankful for? It’s this: The great Hannah Rosin (I love everything she writes) and her article in Saturday’s Wall Street Journal. She says exactly what I feel about Amy Chua and her shocking take on motherhood. Good stuff.
- Big day around here yesterday: August and I celebrated MLK Jr day by showing the potty who’s boss. That’s right, yesterday was August’s first day of potty training. He stayed nude the entire day (isn’t that every boy’s dream?) and had a pretty good attitude about the whole thing. I’ve been scared of this for a long time and I’m thankful the first day is over. Now we’ll see how the next 60 go. I’m determined to have this boy out of diapers by the time T-Rexy arrives…
- Trader Joe’s Ultimate Vanilla Wafers with a little bit of English Breakfast tea and milk. So Thankful.
- I love the girls in this Bible study I lead on Sunday nights. They’re so sharp and creative and interesting. Two of them came over last night to help me watch clips of the Golden Globes on Hulu (we missed it Sunday night…and I don’t have cable). First of all, I’m thankful for the Golden Globes…by far my favorite awards show. Second, I’m thankful for friends who will watch it in 8 minute segments totally out of order on my computer with me. Good times…
- I’m also thankful for People’s Style Watch after big events like this.
- And I’m thankful that Glee won Best Comedy/Musical.
- This is shaping up to be the most surfacey Thankful Tuesday post ever. So I’ll end it with this: I got to spend a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning at the park with Chris and August, playing in the sunshine, then walking to cozy spot for lunch. My husband is a wonderful father and sometimes in the midst of crazy weekday harriness I forget to notice how gentle and loving he is with our son. I love being reminded of how much August looks up to him and how good I have it to be his wife. Grateful, grateful.
What’s your list? Does it involve tigers and/or Glee?