Many reasons to be grateful today:
- August is so ready for some friends and a schedule. He loved his art school in San Francisco and I know he’s going to thrive at real preschool. Circle time! Playing with new kids! Eating lunch without his mama! (And then going home with her 15 minutes later…) It’s going to be so good.
- I’m thankful that for every moment in my life where I’ve been as afraid as August is about his first day at a new school with new friends and new teachers, I’ve been lovingly nudged off the edge. Today I will have to do some nudging.
- The greenest romaine I’ve ever cut up for salad last night. How have I never noticed how beautiful lettuce can be?
- A husband who does dishes and puts away food.
- A rustically modern bench Chris got at an antique sell on Sunday.
- 1 ½ weeks until we move into a home and get our stuff out of storage.
- Reconnecting with friends from long ago.
- The beauty of being in a new city and with new people but feeling at home at Young Life “Club” Sunday night (UT College Life to be exact…)
- How baby T-Rexy grabs my hair in both fists and pulls me down for a kiss. Such passion!
- How is it that these boys have me for a mom?
- I’m thankful for sweet babies who grow as tall as a 5-year-old and get hairy legs and become obsessed with volcanoes, engines, and fire:
Thanks to my sister-in-law and SunnyKaye Photography for the photos…