Here’s a recap of last week’s major highlights from the missional conversation:
- The Nation’s First Non-Profit Pub was surprisingly the “big story” here on the blog last week. A lot of you were excited about the notion of “pub church,” which is great. Lots of fun ideas to explore there. If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out!
- Rick Warren and Ed Stetzer had a little missional humor moment on Twitter that I shared with all of you.
- God Is Participatory — I answered Tony Jones’s call to progressive theo-bloggers to say something substantive about God … better late than never, right?
- Required Reading for Being Missional in America — I reviewed Rev. Frank A. Thomas’s new book American Dream 2.0 for the Patheos Book Club.
- Missing in Missional — Chris Chappotin has been running a blog series with guest contributors on what’s missing in the missional church conversation. He’s posted contributions so far from Fred Liggin, Matt Maestas, Kathy Escobar, Gibby Espinoza, Chris Lenshyn, and Michelle Funderburg. Some great contributions, check them out!
- Wild Goose Festival West Coast is right around the corner, August 31-September 2, at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis, Oregon. I’ll be there, and I’d love to connect with you if you’re planning to be there also! Please post a comment and let me know so we can connect.
Got missional church news that you’d like to see me cover here on the blog? Send it to me via email (stevek AT missionalshift DOT com) or post it in the comments! Thanks for reading.