An Indonesian woman was put to death by decapitation in Saudi Arabia this week. Her daughter plans to press charges, while Indonesia wonders whether or not its citizens are so well protected abroad. Meanwhile, another maid is murdered in Saudi Arabia. May Allah give them peace and justice.
The story of the Pakistani woman who was paraded naked through her village. May Allah give her justice.
- Islamic TV program in Malaysia is looking for the “best female preacher.”
Bangladeshi UBC student assaulted while visiting her husband and child. May Allah give her justice.
- Another women’s rights activist goes missing in Iran. More from Al Arabiya. May Allah keep her.
- The Wall Street Journal profiles Ibtihaj Muhammad, a fencer with headscarf flair.
Director of Family Affairs in Iranian province, Nasrin Bohadari: Men should be trained how to treat women
- On “Free to Be,” a London art exhibit focused on Muslim women.
- Men pledge to marry the Syrian women who were raped by pro-government militamen.
- A Muslim man in New Delhi is challenging the Domestic Violence Act.
- France is even discriminatory in the skies: a Muslim woman alleges that Air France fired her because of her headscarf.
A special thank you to Anneke van de Berg, who helped me put together this week’s links. If you noticed any news about Muslim women from this week that we’ve missed, feel free to leave links in the comments!