by Suzanne Calulu cross posted from her blog True Love Doesn’t Rape
For the last few weeks I’ve been waiting with baited breath for CBN’s Pat Robertson to make his yearly announcement claiming that God told him what to expect in the coming year. Pat’s obviously falling down on the job since he’s been largely silent on 2014. Or perhaps his handlers are realizing how insane he’s started to sound in the last few years.
Let us revisit what he said in December 2012 in regards to 2013′s happenings….
- The country is in great peril
- It will come a financial reckoning, debts called in, money devalued, people on fixed incomes will suffer. Creditors will seize assets to pay back debts.
- It will be a time of great turmoil.
- God says to get out of debt and hold all your purchasing to a bare minimum to prepare for those times.
- God’s glory will shine everything. Many will turn to God and many will curse and revile God.
- It will be a time of great division with the worse rebellions and turmoil ever seen before.
- It will be a time of miracles and favor for CBN but very tough of people who don’t know God and live in the world.
Some of these are so damn vague they could take on all sorts of different meanings but the truth is that nothing that perilous or awful happened here in 2013. Is there division? Yes, but there always is. Peril and turmoil could mean anything.
Here’s what I think 2014 will be like ala Pat.
- The economy will continue a weak march towards recovery
- The new healthcare laws may or may not be a good thing
- Americans will still continue to max out their credit cards but at least it will help stimulate the economy
- Christians will keep claiming that they are discriminated against and persecuted
- Gays, transgendered folks, abortionists and birth control will still be blamed by the religious right for all sorts of stupid things.
- The sun will still shine, the grass stay green and the sky blue.
And I’m sure I missed a ton of things that will certainly happen. Please feel free to add your own or discuss anything in the comments. Did you make a resolution this year or are you making good changes in this new year?
Comments open below
Calulu is an empty nester lives near Washington DC with her husband, cats and various rescue birds. She works at a residential treatment center for children and is also the administrator of NLQ. Was raised Catholic in South Louisiana before falling in with a bunch of fallen Catholics whom had formed their own part Fundamentalist, part Evangelical church. After fifteen uncomfortable years drinking that Koolaid she left nearly 7 years ago. Her blogs are True Love Doesn’t Rape and Calulu – Seeking The Light
NLQ Recommended Reading …
‘Breaking Their Will: Shedding Light on Religious Child Maltreatment‘ by Janet Heimlich
‘Quivering Daughters‘ by Hillary McFarland
‘Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement‘ by Kathryn Joyce
Stay in touch with No Longer Quivering on Facebook: