Heather Doney blogs at https://becomingworldly.wordpress.com/
Heather was raised Fundamentalist Evangelical in South Louisiana until she was 13. At that tender age she was introduced to the world at large and starting her journey away from home schooling environment.
Her blog is primarily about Quiverfull lifestyle, homeschooling culture and politics, child welfare, PTSD, education, poverty, big families, gender issues, and maybe a few bits of south Louisiana or New England culture and a recipe or craft project or two thrown in, just for fun.
She is a member of NLQ’s The Spiritual Abuse Survivor Blogs Network
Voices of Sister-Moms Series
- Voices of Sister-Moms: Mary
- Voices of Sister-Moms: Barren – Samantha’s Story
- Voices of Sister-Moms: Maia & Electra – A Tale of Two Sisters
- Voices of Sister-Moms: DoaHF’s Story
- Quiverfull Sorority of Survivors (QFSOS) & Voices of “Sister-Moms”
- To Homeschooling’s “Old Guard”: 20 Truths You Need to Hear
- This is NOT Homeschooling: Is HSLDA Part of a “Bible-Based Cult”?
- Introducing Homeschooling’s Invisible Children
- Demanding an Answer from HSLDA
- Dialogue, Privilege, and the Homeschool Debate
- Was I Spiritually Abused?
- Discovering Sex and Confronting “What Do Women Want?”
- 12 Reasons Why My Homeschooling Story Doesn’t Matter
- Corporal Punishment and The End of The Red Stick
- Homeschool or Public School – What’s Worse?
- Personal Values and Quiverfull Social Guilt
- Connecting Homeschooling and Religious Abuse
- A Quick and Dirty Sex Ed Guide for Quiverfull Daughters
- 20 Ways Not to Respond to Homeschool Horror Stories
- Premarital Sex and the Purity “Litmus Test”
- “We All Sin:” A 15 Step Path to Forgiveness for Doug Phillips
- Feeling Empathy for Christian Patriarchy Parents & Leaders
- Teenage Brides and Titus 2 Women of the Homeschool Apostates