I spent close to, or maybe a little over a year, trying to dodge Adam’s calls. We weren’t officially “courting”, so I didn’t see why I had to speak with him any more than I was allowed to speak to other male “friends of the family” that called. Unfortunately, my father had decided that we should get to know each other better and that was the end of that discussion.
Adam was a very pushy guy. Many of his questions seemed inappropriate, even if they would’ve been asked in a normal dating situation. He would ask the standards:
- How many children do you want?
- Will you pledge to allowing the Lord to open and close your womb?
- How do you feel about debt?
- Would you be willing to sacrifice and go without in order to start OUR lives out with no debt?
- Would you allow me my patriarchal authority or would you insist on an equal partnership (said like it was bad thing)?