Sigdrifa’s Prayer is a rare remnant in our lore, as it’s the only non-Christianized, complete prayer that we have from the historical sources. In it’s short simplicity, it is a microcosm of the vast macrocosm of Northern Tradition cosmology. It holds a very special place in my heart, which a few of you might remember from my previous blog entry: http://www.patheos.com/community/paganportal/2010/06/07/wyrd-designs-sigdrifas-a-prayer-and-a-song/
I have created bookmarks featuring this prayer, and would now like to make them available for free (yes, I’ll cover shipping costs as well) to any currently serving Heathen in the U.S. military.
The bookmarks themselves are 2 x 6 inches, with a UV glossy coat, features a double-sided full color design and is printed on nice cardstock. One side has the prayer in the original Old Norse, the other side has a modern translation of it.
- Be Heathen (Asatru, Northern Tradition, Theodish, etc.), if there are pagans who may be interested (and meet the other requirements) please feel free to drop me a line. I’ll probably be able to accommodate you too.
- Be a currently serving member of the U.S. Military (any branch)
- You must have a U.S. mailing address (an APO address counts)
Contact me via email (wyrddesigns at gmail dot com) or facebook (Wyrd Dottir). For privacy concerns, please do NOT make your requests (featuring your name and address) in the comments of this post. When you do contact me please be sure to:
- Full Name
- Complete Mailing Address where the bookmark(s) can be sent. If you give me an APO/FPO address, remember that all mail must be addressed to an individual soldier.
- Email Address or FACEBOOK ID (whichever method you used to contact me so I can notify you once I’ve got the items in the mail, and I can make sure I don’t mix your request up with someone else of a potentially similar name).
Quantity: I’m going to assume that I just need to send 1 of the bookmarks along. If you are requesting on behalf of a group, please indicate that clearly in your message to me and the number you’d like to request. I’ve sent a stack of the bookmarks before to some of the Pagan Circles at various bases.
Offer only good while supplies last.
To all my readers, please pass the word to your friends, family, and any groups where the information may be welcome.