2015 is poised to enter, stage right. It’s a time-honored tradition for many of us to greet the new year with a fresh list of resolutions.
- I’m going to lose 10 pounds.
- I’m going to run a marathon.
- Skydiving – it’s gonna happen.
- I will purge the basement and garage.
- I am going to lose 10 pounds (I mean business this year.)
- I will read the Bible from start to finish.
- I’m going to quit smoking.
- That’s it. I’m joining a gym.
- I will volunteer in my community.
- I’m moving. Time for a fresh start.
- I’m headed back to school.
- I’m going back to church.
- I’m losing that 10 pounds. (No, really! No more white sugar, gluten, dairy or sprinkles…as soon as I finish the rest of these Christmas cookies.)
I’ll send one autographed copy of If Only to you to keep or share – and I’ll send one autographed copy on your behalf to someone you know who may benefit from having this book: a counselor, a hospice nurse, a chaplain, a volunteer at a Crisis Pregnancy Center, or someone in a church or faith-based nonprofit who works with people dealing with the fallout of financial, relational or spiritual regrets of any kind. I’ll be awarding a total of three sets of books in this contest. Such a deal!
To enter, click here to send me an email with (1) your name, mailing address, email, and the name and (2) the mailing address of the person to whom you’d like me to send the second copy of the book in your name.The contest will end on Friday, January 9th at midnight (CST).
If you’re in search of a speaker for your church, retreat, book group, MOPS gathering or Bible study who can address themes of regret and redemption for your group,click here to contact me. To get a sample of the kinds of messages I can offer your group, click here, then scroll to the bottom of the page where you can get a senses of my speaking style by sampling the radio/podcast links.I am currently working on a book for NavPress about the Jewish Feasts and the Christian calendar, and it would be a joy to bring a presentation to your group about how these holy days shape our everyday walk with God.