Fifty Shades of Grey did big box office yesterday. It pulled in $30.2 million. It is also, as the article I linked to shows, being regarded as something of a cultural event. I imagine today will be even bigger box office for the movie.
The fact that many of the viewers are women tells its own tale about the degradation of the female which has taken place in our world. There was a time when the feminist movement would have tarred Fifty Shades and women themselves would have been willing to march against it. It is the essence of failed feminism that, after decades of “advocating” for women’s rights, this is where we are.
In my opinion, that has everything to do with the fact that feminism replaced the just and prophetic cause of women’s rights with the fight for legal abortion. I feel so strongly about this that I’m writing a whole book about it.
If you plan to give this movie a pass, you need to congratulate yourself. You’re doing the right thing.
In case you need them, here are 10 reasons why.
1. Linking sex and violence is evil.
2. Depicting women as objects and degrading them for entertainment is evil.
3. Getting your jaw smashed is not liberating.
4. Men who abuse women shouldn’t be “rescued.” They should be put in jail.
5. Holding up the masochistic woman as a twisted ideal is the oldest misogynist game in the world.
6. There’s nothing romantic about excruciating pain.
7. Celebrating mental, emotional, spiritual sickness is not good for your own mind, heart, soul.
8. Blood, fecal matter, torture and abuse are not turns-ons … unless there’s something really wrong with you.
9. Your lifespan is finite. Why waste 125 minutes of it on this trash?
10. Your money is finite. Why waste a chunk of it on “art” that degrades the female half of the human race?