Rest and be thankful. William Wordsworth
Thanksgiving is Thursday. What am I thankful for? The list is almost endless. Here, in the order they occur to me, are 10 of the things I’m thankful for this morning.
1. I’m thankful that my foot is healing. I have a boot and can use a walker now.
2. I’m thankful for my best friend, true companion, lover and love of my life: my husband.
3. I’m thankful that my sons are loving, kind, honest people. I’m proud of them.
4. I’m thankful I still have my mother and that she is not suffering and is relatively happy.
5. I’m thankful that, despite my overweight-out-of-shape condition, I do not have diabetes or heart disease.
6. I’m thankful for the Catholic Church.
7. I’m thankful for the gift of eternal life.
8. I’m thankful for second chances.
9. I’m thankful for a car that runs, computers, internet, electricity, hot and cold running water, central air and heat and the delete button on my keyboard.
10. I am thankful for my girlfriends, without whom life would be shades of dull.