What is fundamentalism? Is it all bad? Can the term ‘fundamentalist’ be applied to Pagans? [Read more…]
(1) How is paganism different?
(2) What is the significance of its difference?
(3) What are the key issues in a modernity project?
(4) What can paganism contribute to these issues in contrast to contributions from other religions?
(5) How can or does paganism work with other religions in addressing issues of economic imbalance, corporate power, industrial pollution, global warming, disaster relief and constructive cooperation? [Read more…]
If Paganism is going to survive as a diverse movement, we need to improve communication between different traditions and paths. Listen to audio of the recent PantheaCon Pagan Intrafaith panel, featuring six Patheos Pagan writers and the managing editor. [Read more…]
The issue of membership and identity is important in any discussion of a dual or multi-faith practice. A person may identify with a group, but if the membership requirements of that group are that its members do not belong to other groups perceived to be in conflict with its values or beliefs, can that person be said to be a member of the group? [Read more…]
‘Subjective-life’ spirituality is often characterised as a pick-and-mix approach, whereas practitioners of dual faith appear to desire fidelity to the traditions being followed. Clearly, in feeling a vocation to follow both faiths, such practitioners are responding to a subjective inner feeling, but trying to do so within the framework of a tradition. [Read more…]