As many of you know, this past winter I visited Israel/Palestine with The Global Immersion Project. With TGIP I was guided into hope and pain, peace and violence. I still see much hope, but the events of the past week seem like such a step backwards. In this post, I want to point folks towards some helpful resources to gain a basic understanding of this conflict.
- As a Jew living in America, the past week has changed me forever
- Gaza-Israel conflict: What can Israel and Hamas gain? (BBC)
- Israel and the Palestinians: Key Maps (BBC)
- Embracing Israel/Palestine: A Strategy to Heal and Transform the Middle East by Rabbi Lerner
- Seattle Times: Two Peoples, One Land
- The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Tough Questions, Direct Answers (Skeptic’s Guide)
- Blood Brothers: The Dramatic Story of a Palestinian Christian Working for Peace in Israel
- My Israel/Palestine Blogs and this post on “God’s People” [I’d nuance this some, but it’s a quick start for a theology]
- Blogs/Articles by my friends Lynne Hybels (and here) and Jon Huckins (and here)!!!!
- Little Town of Bethlehem – a film exploring the modern day struggle for peace through the lives of three men, who in many ways ought to be enemies.
- With God on our Side – a film examining: the basic issues that led to the conflict, the current state of affairs for both Israelis and Palestinians, and the role of Christian Zionism.