After seeing the trailer for the movie documentary, “Miss Representation,” I was inspired to focus my writing on issues of gender and women for a while. I don’t have an end date for this focus, but I do plan to take a break every so often to write about other things, too…like Second-Graders and Truck Drivers. In the meantime…here ya go!
1. Multiple Choice - Watch the trailer and pay attention to your reaction.
2. Beauty and the Beast – My personal methods of coping with unrealistic standards of beauty.
3. Women in Da House – Not! - This blog resulted from a Miss Representation-drafted “Dinner Conversation” activity with my teen-aged daughter and her friend. Main focus ended up on lack of female representation in Congress and its effects.
4. HR-358 – Protecting Life? Letting Women Die? Neither? – Couldn’t let the issue of abortion go by without a look. The House of Representatives helped by passing this bill right as I was in the middle of this series.
5. Small Comfort for Mothers, Fetuses and Jews - A friend sent me this Ray Comfort video after my previous post on abortion. He attempts to liken abortion to the Holocaust. I don’t let him.
6. I’ve got the Pink Blues (The Great Pink v. Blue Debate) – As my niece puts it, maybe we should cut pink some slack.
7. Buy Pink Legos. Please. - Turn the toymakers and ad execs intentions on their heads.
8. Pink Legos – Part II - Willing to have my mind changed, but so far, my original premise is confirmed.
9. Ya Got to Have Friends – Why going it alone is the wrong way to go.
Thank you so much for reading – and I would LOVE to hear any and all feedback. :)