1. My wife showed me this video of a tiny little girl singing the Lord’s prayer. It’s precious. Out of the mouth of babes…
2. If you have not seen have August Rush, then you have not heard “August’s Rhapsody”. Therefore, you are impoverished. Listen to this little girl sing–it is nothing short of rapturous! Click the link, listen to the song, and then watch the movie. As I recently wrote, it’s not a perfect movie, but it’s inspiring and at times quite beautiful.
3. Future Southern Baptist theologian Robbie Sagers publishes a review of an excellent new book on the doctrine of believer’s baptism. It’s well-written and has a great section on how to approach the doctrine from a christocentric, kingdom-focused perspective. I found that part illuminating, and I think you will, too. (HT: Henry Institute)
4. Is the American newspaper soon to be extinct? Read this exhaustive piece in the New Yorker, and then get back to me. Things don’t look good. What does that mean for our society?
5. The scariest photo I think I’ve ever seen. Dever + Mahaney + theological cooperation=T4G (very good, on the whole). Dever + Mahaney + physical merger=some sort of alien conqueror. (HT: Justin Taylor)
6. Blog gem: Standing on Shoulders. This is a group blog done by several SBTS students, all of whom are sharp, godly guys and friends of mine. Their blog is young but is already quite good, with lots of dense, helpful material on church history and theology. (Not every “Blog Gem” will be a church history blog, I promise). Check out their blog, and prepare for edification.
Have a great weekend, all. Christ is risen!