Greeting from Jackson, TN, home of Union University, host of the “Making Men Moral” conference held from February 25-27, 2009 in honor of political theorist Robert P. George. I have the privilege of live-blogging this conference.
The following is the schedule of the conference:
- Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- Thursday, February 26, 2009
- 8:00-8:45, Continental breakfast
- 9:00-10:30, Session 1: James Stoner
- 10:45-12:15, Session 2: David Novak
- 12:15, Lunch
- 1:30-3:00, Session 3: Jean Bethke Elshtain
- 3:15-4:45, Session 4: Christopher Tollefsen
- 6:00, Dinner
- 7:30, Evening conversation with Robert P. George and Harry L. Poe
- Friday, February 27, 2009
I will be live-blogging each of these sessions, briefly summarizing the talks and engaging with the ideas presented in each. The conference has just now begun, so you’ll want to check back regularly in the next few days.
It is an honor to be at this conference; I hope that you’ll join me as I recap it and seek to preserve something of its contribution and spirit.