“This year, we are excited to announce that Band of Bloggers is partnering with The Gospel Coalition Conference to host the 3rd Band of Bloggers Fellowship in conjunction with their national conference in Chicago, IL. On Wednesday, April 22, 2009, from 12:00-2:00 p.m., we will be hosting a lunch and fellowship at the Rosemont Conference Center. The theme of the conference is “Servants & Stewards” (building off of 1 Cor. 4:1), which expresses a two-pronged approach in faithfulness as servants and effectiveness as stewards. As servants, we want to make much of our Savior in not just what we say but how we say it. As stewards, we want to collectively labor to leverage all available means to propagate and publish the Gospel in our increasingly technologically-literate culture.”
Here’s the speakers’ lineup:
1. Servants and Stewards: Maximizing your blog in service to Christ (Timmy Brister)
3. Improving usability: How to write so people can read (Mike Anderson)
4. How can you use your blog for the edification of the church? (Tim Challies)
5. How can you make your site more accessible and visible? (Eric Johnson)
6. Why should pastors blog? (Tullian Tchividjian)
7. What is the place for art and culture in Christian blogging? (Steve McCoy)
8. How can bloggers steward the teaching of the young, old, and the dead? (Tony Reinke)
I’ll also be hosting a panel discussion with these speakers.
Register early (it’s very simple) for this exciting upcoming event, and make sure that you do the same for The Gospel Coalition. There will be a bunch of free books given at each, and I would encourage all to attend and benefit. I will see you there, and the Henry Center will be well represented.