This is an eclectic day. As usual. For the report on Ravi Zacharias, see number 7.
1. Time Magazine recently ran a piece on conservative commentator Glenn Beck. Interesting read.
2. A piece to read from the NYT on the debate over health-care, end-of-life issues, and “death panels.” There’s a bunch to sort out here, but we need to note at least one thing: while it’s important to focus on reforming end-of-life care, Christians have a huge interest in preserving the lives of the elderly and the right of the elderly and infirmed to live.
3. Mark Driscoll lists some free stuff that Mars Hill is and has been giving away.
4. Just heard this cutting-edge Chicago band: Milano. Check out “Zombie World” toward the end: “the dead are going to live, the living are going to die.” That’s going to be true, one day soon.5. Theologian and Evangelical Theological Society president Bruce Ware on “Missional Christology.”
6. Soon and very soon, Andrew Sherwood of 9Marks is going to blog the “God Exposed” at Southeastern Seminary featuring names like Dever, Akin, Anyabwile, and McKinley. My friends on Baptist21 are doing a panel: here’s a pic. Looks like another packed event for B21…
7. For those who are wondering, the audio and video from the Henry Center’s Kantzer Lectures and Ravi Zacharias events will be online soon. We had an incredible response to Ravi’s visit–ATO Chapel was completely filled, between 100-200 people filled the overflow room as well, and we had many more by webcast (including some of you–thanks for watching!). We are grateful to God for this response, for Ravi’s global ministry, and the chance to participate in it in our small corner of things.
–Have a great and God-saturated weekend, all.