I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3-5, ESV)
With gratitude to God, we at the Council on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood (CBMW) are pleased to announce that our $30,000 June matching campaign has concluded. Our most significant fundraising effort in the last 3-4 years has resulted in an $80,000 windfall. We met our matching goal, in other words, and rounded the corner toward doubling it!
Checks are still coming in, pledges have been made for the rest of the year, and our fundraising efforts will continue. This good news, however, gives us a chance to catch our breath and to offer thanks to the Lord. From my post, I’m encouraged to see that there is indeed tremendous momentum in complementarianism. Churches, individuals, and organizations recognize complementarianism as biblical and therefore life-giving. God’s elegant plan for the sexes is not confining, but is liberating, freeing us from our sin to serve Christ in ways most pleasing to him. This, of course, is not merely the shape of complementarian gender roles, but all of Christian faith and life grounded in the gospel.We have much work to do, and many projects to tackle in days ahead. This successful campaign gives us the opportunity to dream big, forge big plans, and to buckle up for a season of renewed and reinvigorated service to churches. After a quieter year last year, we plan to be in the following places this coming year: Detroit, Minneapolis, Providence, Winston-Salem, Bowling Green, Chicago, Denver, and more.
If you’re inclined by this news to partner with us, we would love that. There is great energy in CBMW, by God’s grace:
- Our website has logged close to 300,000 pageviews since April
- Our Twitter followers have doubled since early spring
- Our Facebook page has 1000% more “Likes” than in January 2013 (over 1100)
- Our premier scholarly resource, the Journal for Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, is totally online in PDF form (every issue ever, each article clickable) and is the most visited part of CBMW.org
- Karis, the women’s channel we started to better minister to Christian women, is the second most visited part of our site (the need was and is real!)