This announcement was just posted at the CBMW website.
As CBMW President, it’s my pleasure to introduce the summer 2014 “Stand Against the Tide” campaign. I’m delighted to announce that we have a $25,000 matching offer on the table and, on this invigorating occasion, are inaugurating our brand-new partnership program, which includes the opportunity to join CBMW for a leadership retreat in a coastal locale (see below).
To give to CBMW, please send your contribution to:
The Council on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood
2825 Lexington Road, Box 848
Louisville, KY 40280
As you can see below, CBMW had a banner year in 2013-14. Yet there is so much work to be done, and we’re seeking to raise many more funds in order to propel the work of CBMW. With Executive Director Grant Castleberry and our outstanding board, we want to strengthen the church of Jesus Christ to resist cultural pressure to cave on biblical sexual ethics. Like Moses at the battle of the Amalekites, we want to raise flagging hands and lead the church in promoting gospel-fired sexuality and humanity with fresh passion.
At CBMW, we look around at our world and see all around us reason for hope. God’s Word is unassailable. His gospel is invincible. When the hands of his people grow weary, he makes them strong, as he did with Moses (Exodus 17). We have so much work to do, and all we need is for churches and individuals like you who share our love of God to partner with us and push this ministry ahead. Giving to CBMW is not an obligation—it is an opportunity, a chance to be part of a very unique and strategic ministry that equips the body of Christ to speak gospel truth on matters of gender and sexuality.
So please take this opportunity. Join us in this exciting, unpredictable, life-giving work. Contribute now to our summer 2014 fundraising campaign, taking place through mid-July. Partner with us to strengthen weary hands and bless churches all over the world!
As you prayerfully consider giving to CBMW, let us share a few highlights from 2013-14, a thrilling year of ministry thus far.
Here are 9:
- We held our largest-ever event, a National Conference in April 2014 that drew nearly 1,500 people.
- We released all talks from the conference for free, with thousands of people streaming them. (Here’s the live-blog recap.)
- We published Good: The Joy of Christian Manhood and Womanhood, an eBook on biblical gender roles, with Desiring God Ministries. With a glowing foreword from CBMW cofounder John Piper, it features over a dozen young complementarian authors and represents a fresh, gospel-centered restatement of complementarian teaching. (It was downloaded thousands of times within a few days of release.)
- We saw our income more than double—from $85,000 in 2012 to $188,000 in 2013.
- We sent staff to speak to numerous churches, conferences, and events. They spoke to thousands of people on the beauty and truthfulness of biblical complementarity.
- For the first time ever, we drew well over a million hits on our website. One piece, “We’re Just Talking,” was shared over 44,000 times on Facebook!
- We released two excellent issues of the Journal for Biblical Manhood & Womanhood.
- We provided counsel to people contacting us from all over the country and world who were in great need of complementarian resources, answers, and information.
- We contended for the faith, defended the truth, and above all else, promoted Christ as our hope, our confidence, and our delight.
As part of our “Stand Against the Tide” campaign, we are announcing our first-ever partnership program. Given that we serve thousands of complementarian churches and ministries, we would like to dramatically increase the number of churches and organizations that partner with us out of a sense of shared mission.
As the information below shows, the partnership program—open to churches, ministries, and individuals—will include generous resources, recognition on our website and publications, teaching by CBMW staff, and an annual CBMW retreat with board members, top speakers, and CBMW leadership:
1st Tier – $1,000 (Partnership)
- Books – 5 copies of 50 Crucial Questions; 2 copies of Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood
- As a partner with CBMW, we will promote your entity on our website and through social media as a church/ministry that affirms the Danvers Statement and is a CBMW partner (this is dependent on CBMW also affirming that your church/organization falls within the realms of orthodox, evangelical Christianity). This would include your organization’s name, location, and a link to your church’s website.
2nd Tier – $5,000 (Strategic Partnership)
- Books – 10 Copies of 50 Crucial Questions; 4 copies of Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood
- As a strategic partner with CBMW, we can promote your entity on our website and through social media as a church/ministry that affirms the Danvers Statement and is a partner with CBMW (dependent on CBMW also affirming that your church/organization falls within the realms of orthodox, evangelical Christianity). This would include your organization’s name, location, and a link to your church’s website.
- Your church/ministry is guaranteed one Friday evening session and two Saturday sessions with one of our CBMW speakers (Dr. Owen Strachan, Dr. Denny Burk, Grant Castleberry, Greg Gibson, and others). This does not apply to a jointly-held conference.
3rd Tier – $10,000 (Foundation Partnership)
- Books – 15 Copies of 50 Crucial Questions; 10 copies of Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood
- As a Foundation partner with CBMW, we will promote your church/ministry in a visible location on our website, through social media, and on all CBMW pamphlets and flyers that we distribute to churches and conferences.
- Your church/ministry is guaranteed one Friday evening session and two Saturday sessions with one of our CBMW speakers at your ministry (Dr. Owen Strachan, Dr. Denny Burk, Grant Castleberry, Greg Gibson, and others). This does not apply to a jointly-held conference.
- Your church/organization will be able to send 4 people to our annual CBMW retreat. (This 3 day and 2 night retreat would include lodging and meals)
Please partner with CBMW to strengthen the church, promote biblical sexual ethics in a morally-compromised culture, and exalt the Lord Jesus Christ. We’re standing against the tide, and we want to link arms with you to do so!