I have the high honor of winning a major blog award here. It’s awarded by EL MOL, one of my life-heroes. However, in response to that award, I want to write this, the one and only self-referential post you’ll ever see on this blog. Here are some things about this blog:
- There are no pictures because I don’t have the time for that, nor do I think they would elucidate any of the kind of things I have to say. Graphics don’t matter much to me; and I read all of your blogs on Bloglines, so I don’t see any of your fancy graphics, either.
- There are no links because I don’t want to have to manage them constantly, and I don’t want people pissed because they are or are not linked.
- There are no books “I’m engaging” because, being a PhD student, the list changes daily.
- I don’t use a counter, so I’m not depressed that only 12 of you read this.
- It’s on Blogger because it’s free and I’m broke.
- Furthermore, other than this and the rare exception, I will not edit my posts. They'll stand as is, for better or for worse. (And I can tell how obsessively some of you edit, cuz every time you republish, it comes up in Bloglines as a new entry)
- I won't get involved in the comments section -- I'll say what I need to say in the actual post.]
Thanks again, EL MOL.