This is the last in-progress Monday update for my Ms. Frizzle costume you’ll get. I’ve got to have the whole thing finished by this Saturday. So, I spent most of Saturday drawing germs, tracing them onto interfacing, ironing the interfacing onto fabric, and then pinning and topstitching the appliques onto the dress.
In case that was a little in the weeds, I’m drawing designs onto this kind of fabric:
The interfacing gets ironed onto the pretty fabric to make it stronger and to keep it from wrinkling. I learned that lesson from Covus Tristis’s sewing blog (she’s where I got the pattern for that Hufflepuff surcoat). Once I add the strep cells on, it looks a little something like this: