Camphor is old school herbal magick, hoodoo, and witchy protection. It can be used in oil, or in block form. It’s botanical name is Cinnamomum camphora, and it is native to China, Taiwan, and Japan. The tree it comes from is part of the Laurel family, and can grow for over 1000 years.
Today it is used medically for arthritis, sore muscles, and also as an insect repellent. In addition, with the extreme weather changes many people have been sick lately, and they should consider using camphor in their healing practices. Magickally, it’s uses all mainly revolve around protection from negative energy, sickness, and other creepy things. However it is also effective when used for luck, divination, psychic connection, prosperity and love.
Magickal Uses of Camphor
- Place a square or 3 drops of oil in a white bowl along with one cup of spring water. This then goes under your bed to rid you of negative energies and nightmares.
- Place a camphor square in the corners of a room to protect from evil.
- Put a square or 3 drops of oil into a bottle in your yard or garden to remove negatvity
- Burn on charcoal along with rosemary to drive away sickness and bad energy.
- Make a healing candle by placing 3 drops of oil on top of a white candle. Burn to help heal from physical and emotional trauma.
- Around the home it is known to repel insects, and rodents.
- In the Hindu tradition it can be utilized to remove the evil eye.
- Astrologically this herb is associated with the Moon and all lunar magick.
- Wrap a square of camphor with a silver dime on top of it in red cloth. Carry in your pocket to increase your success.
- Do Not Eat !!! This is highly toxic.
Please check out the rest of the posts in our Herbal Magick series. Finally if you like what you see here, please remember to like, comment, and share !