One of my favorite places to speak is in Northwest, Arkansas. It’s pretty, close to my family, but most of all the secular groups in that region are really strong (probably the strongest that don’t get national attention). This year they’re running their LogiCon conference again. I was invited to speak, but it’s the same weekend as the American Atheists Conference. If they invite me back next year, I promise I’ll be there.
But they’re having some fundraising trouble and need some help. Here’s the info in a letter they sent me:
We really need helps from the generous people in the secular community. LogiCon, a Secular Humanist convention in Northwest Arkansas, has some terrific speakers year, including Dorion Sagan, Darrel Ray, and Jerry DeWitt to name a few.
Unfortunately, the two primary funding sources fell through and we are scurrying around looking for alternate sources with very little time left. We were expecting a grant from the American Humanist Association, but due to the number of applicants and projects they wanted to focus on, LogiCon did not receive a grant this year. The SSA group on the University of Arkansas campus, the Occam’s Razors, are co-hosting the event with us this year, also did not receive the grant they were expecting. The Occam’s Razors are still providing the venue for the event, which does save us considerably on the venue expenses.
So now, we are trying to do everything we can to raise the money needed to pay for the event. Our goal is $2,000. The majority of this goal is for the speaker arrangements and travel expenses. While we are taking donations of ALL kinds, we do actually have sponsorship packages still available that have perks and bonuses as well. These start as low as $100.
The Donation page link: is http://logicon.org/donate/
Anything you can do to assist us by donating, blogging, posting, whatever, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your efforts!Silver Sponsor ($100-$249)
1. Name published in the “Silver Sponsors” section of the program.
2. Name on the “Silver Sponsors” banners.
3. Name in the “Silver Sponsor” section on LogiCon website
4. 1 LogiCon t-shirt
Gold Sponsor ($250-$499)
1. 1/4 page ad in the LogiCon program.
2. Name and website published in the “Gold Sponsors” section of the program.
3. Name on the “Gold Sponsors” banners.
4. Name and hyperlinked web address in the “Gold Sponsor” section on LogiCon website.
5. Ticket for 1 to the invitation only celebratory speaker dinner
5. 1 LogiCon t-shirt
Platinum Sponsor ($500-$999)
1. 1/2 page ad in the LogiCon program.
2. Name, logo, and website published in the “Platinum Sponsors” section of the program.
3. Name and logo on the “Platinum Sponsors” banners.
4. Name, logo, and hyperlinked web address in the “Platinum Sponsor” section on LogiCon website.
5. Tickets for 2 to the invitation only celebratory speaker dinner.
6. Free promotional table at the event.
6. 2 VIP tickets and reserved seating .
7. 2 LogiCon t-shirts.
Star Sponsor ($1,000 +)
1. Full page ad in the LogiCon program.
2. Name, logo, and website published in the “Star Sponsors” section of the program.
3. Name and logo on the “Star Sponsors” banners.
4. Name, logo, and hyperlinked web address in the “Star Sponsor” section on LogiCon website.
5. Tickets for 2 to the invitation only speaker dinner on Friday, April 18th.6. Free promotional table at the event.
7. 4 VIP tickets and reserved seating.
8. Complimentary hotel room at TownePlace Suites for the event.
9. 2 LogiCon t-shirts.
10. Autographed book by the speaker of their choice.
11. Master of ceremonies plug at least four times during event.
The event runs from 8:00am on April 19th – 4:00pm on April 20th. Swing by if you’re in the area. It promises to be a treat. 😀