For 20 years (1976-1995), Bill worked at America’s leading health and wellness publisher, Rodale, Inc. He started as an associate editor of Prevention Magazine in 1976, and became a senior editor of Prevention in 1978 and assistant managing editor in 1980. In 1982, he was promoted to managing editor of Prevention Magazine Health Books, and in 1984 to executive editor. In 1986, he became editor-in-chief of Rodale Books, including Prevention Magazine Health Books. From 1986 to 1995, Bill was the editorial executive who helped lead Rodale Books from $100 million to $250 million in yearly sales, managing an editorial staff of 125 people, and supervising the publication of 75 books a year, including the mega-selling The Doctors Book of Home Remedies (16 million copies sold).
A longtime spiritual practitioner, Bill decided to leave Rodale in 1995 to become the volunteer publishing director of The Dawn Horse Press, the publication division of his spiritual community, Adidam.
In 1997, he returned to for-profit publishing. Since then, he has:
- Written 11 health books that have sold more than 2 million copies, including the bestselling Alternative Cures.
- Written hundreds of articles for many national publications, including Prevention, Reader’s Digest, Bottom Line Personal and Bottom Line Health, Self, Men’s Health and Natural Solutions.
- Worked as an editorial and marketing consultant for many companies, including Time-Warner, Hearst and Boardroom Inc.
- Formed the book packaging and editorial consulting company, Good For You Books, which packaged the award-winning Healing Spices (Sterling, 2011).
- Trained as a Holistic Health Coach with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
Bill also has extensive media experience. He was the spokesperson in a commercial for The Doctors Book of Home Remedies that was broadcast 50,000 times and generated sales of 2 million copies. He has appeared on national television and radio—including Good Morning America, CNN, NPR—and dozens of local TV and radio shows. He recently was the featured spokesperson in an infomercial for his book Speed Healing (Bottom Line Books), which was broadcast in cities nationwide.
Bill lives in northern California.