With the second edition of The Definitive-ish Guide for Using Social Media in the Church in the works and my new BRC+ Premium Content Site about to drop, I am going to start evaluating social media sites in a more consistent way.
I will give each site a rank from 1-5 with 5 being VERY helpful, to 1 being NOT HELPFUL.
- Connection – How well does this help to build community and interactivity?
- Curation – How well does this help with gathering and sharing content?
- Communication – How well does this help with messaging and delivery of content?
- Coordination – How well does this help with organization and productivity?
- Contemplation – How well does this help with personal reflection and spiritual practices?
- Creativity - How well does this help with unleashing and supporting artistry?
I will then address the following areas:
- Name and link for site
- Brief description of site and why you might want to try it.
- 3-5 “As you get started” tips that will help make the initial usage a little smoother.
- 3-5 “How to use this in the church” tips.
- Dangers if any.
- Find Bruce link
- Referral link if you want to use it.
So the questions is if you are reading the book or subscribe to BRC+ would these be helpful areas and questions to address? If not, what else would be helpful?