How much do you know about the state of America’s marriages – test yourself on this quiz – then check the answers HERE (HT Minor Prophet). How did you do?
1. True or False: Young women today are more eager to marry than young men.
2. True or False: College students today are more likely to approve of casual, uncommitted sex 3. True or False: Marriages are much more likely to end in divorce today than they were 20 years ago.
5. True or False. Cohabitation has skyrocketed to historically unprecedented levels in the U.S..
6. True or False: The vast majority of today’s mothers don’t want a full-time career.
7. True or False: The proportion of babies born outside of marriage has doubled since 1960.
8. True or False: Men and women are just about equally likely to say they are happily married.
9. True or False: “Philosophers and theologians have always believed that strong marital commitments form the foundation of a virtuous society
10. True or False: Divorce impoverishes women and children.
11. True or False: Divorce hurts kids.
12. True or False: “The preferred form of marriage through the ages has been between one man and one woman”
13. True or False: Religion has no effect on divorce rates.