November 23, 2021

When you face a setback or hardship, you can turn it into an asset if you stay positive and grateful. Take a lesson from the great inventor Thomas Edison. At a young age, Edison was diagnosed with a hearing impairment. That kind of news might cause some people to ask, “Why me?” and make excuses about why they weren’t capable of achieving success. But not Edison. He even framed his hearing loss as a blessing, saying later in his life... Read more

October 26, 2021

Sexuality and spirituality aren’t mutually exclusive. And yet, some people feel bad or guilty about their sexuality or the fact that they enjoy sex. First off, there is nothing to feel guilty about. Sex is a special, precious, and mysterious thing. It’s the foundation and root of all life. Animal life, plant life, and human life would all cease to be without it. We all began from the act of sex. When Trouble Begins For some people, the trouble begins... Read more

September 28, 2021

Just as you would exercise your body and mind, your chakras can sometimes use a kickstart, too. Unblocked chakras allow your life force to flow fully and freely throughout your body. By caring for them properly every day, your chakras can become balanced and full, having the potential to change your emotional, mental, and physical health. Chakras are the centers of spiritual power in our bodies, and there are seven in all—the root chakra, the sacral chakra, the solar plexus... Read more

August 31, 2021

There’s no fountain of youth that will allow you to live a long, healthy life—it all starts with a few key principles anyone can implement. Experts agree that longevity isn’t written in stone. It’s believed that genetics only accounts for up to 25 percent of anyone’s longevity. The other 75 percent is up to you, even if you weren’t blessed with great genes. If you want a happy and long life, here are a few things you can do to... Read more

August 3, 2021

Sounds are all around us. They are part of our daily lives, and while we often take noise for granted, the vibrations of those sounds can help us live healthier, happier, and more grounded lives. The benefits are not just a perceived impact that’s only in our heads—scientific studies confirm the effectiveness of sound vibrations upon our health. What Is Sound Vibration? On one hand, sound vibration is simple science. The noises that we hear all around us are made... Read more

June 15, 2021

How many times have you learned about a principle or a new way of doing something and thought it looked neat, but had no idea how to incorporate it into your life? And sometimes you see a wonderful idea but don’t understand how it would benefit the world as a whole. That’s what makes Water Up, Fire Down such an exciting concept. The whole world can benefit from it if we learn how to make it accessible to everyone. How... Read more

May 11, 2021

We all get knocked down sometimes. Instead of safeguarding our lives in the hopes that bad things won’t happen to us, we should be more concerned with our ability to keep going during adversity. It’s not about avoidance—it’s about resilience. You might have heard the popular saying: Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain. That’s what resilience can give you—the ability to not only survive but thrive, no matter what... Read more

April 27, 2021

In the Western world, when we talk about energy, people think about it as an outside force. It becomes something that happens to them. At times, they feel they have energy. They might welcome the idea of getting exercise, excel at knocking out their workload, or go on a big cleaning spree in their house. But if they lack energy, they sit on their couch, complaining about how they barely have the will to make themselves stand up to head... Read more

March 24, 2021

The energy, or life force, that circulates in our bodies plays a crucial role in our health and happiness. But only when we learn to balance our energy and control it do we get to reach a state of optimal health and well-being. If you concentrate on the energy flowing throughout your body, you can tell when your energy is disrupted or blocked. It’s at this moment when you can benefit from balancing your energy. If you haven’t become attuned... Read more

January 13, 2021

To say the least, 2020 was a hard year. The global pandemic and the economic hardship it engendered certainly were hard to endure. Yet, there were blessings that came with the difficulties of 2020, in particular the opportunity to slow down, exhale, and reflect upon our lives. Sometimes, we face something like this that is outside of ourselves that prompts us to change, and I’m hoping that this will be true for the whole world in 2021, so we can... Read more

Browse Our Archives